The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

There is a Santa Claus!!!


There is 2400 Santa Claus's at yesterday's Santa Shuffle in Burlington!  What a cool scene, 2400 people all dressed in Santa suits doing a great Santa run.  It is a great way to get you into the Holiday spirit while ding something healthy!  As we drove to Burlington towards the start line, it was entertaining to see the looks on  people's faces as they pulled beside our car and saw us dressed in Santa suits.  Everyone who pulled u beside us had a smile, young kids were pointing and jumping up and down in car seats because Santa was right there!  We were in a Starbucks with another 20-30 Santas, the young girl sat with her eyes wide open staring in amazement, I am certain her father was dancing explaining how that many Santa could be in one place.  It was great to see, Santas were in every shape and size, old, young, parents, kids, strollers, nobody had an excuse for not participating.  It was a great day for a family run, the sun was bright, some people may have said it was a little cool, but, it is winter after all and Santa is from the north pole.  Overall it was a great time running with everyone in the crowd smiling and relaxed.  I did the run with Trish so it was a relaxed run overall.  She had a great run finishing under 30 minutes, which is a new PB for her.  Best of all she did it with a smile on her face!  The Santa jingle was a great way to start the weekend!
Seeing as we were in the Christmas spirit, we picked up our tree on the way home.  Why not take advantage of a clear sunny day to get our holiday chores complete.  Once we got home, I had a one track mind.  For some reason, I was exhausted, all I could think about was laying down a going for a nap!  As we aren't up north skiing on the weekends yet, I took full advantage of the nap option.  I was out like a light for 2 hours!  WOW!  I guess I must have been a little tired?? When I finally got out from my cocoon, it was time to decorate the Christmas tree. I have a lot of fun finishing the tree.  Trish and I have put together all of our ornaments over the last 3-4 years to have a tree that is 'ours'. We have a lot of outdoor ornaments, toboggans, ski related ornaments, skates and everything sports related.  It is fun putting together our tree that we have spent the past few years 'building'.  And, what is a day of tree decorating without some eggnog(and maybe a little rum).  We had a great time getting into teh Christmas spirit and spending a day relaxing.  Usually at this point in the season we have been out skiing for the past 3-4 weeks, we have enjoyed our 'bonus' time at home!  We continued with the holiday spirit into the evening.  A lot of holiday parties are happening so we were able to join-in on the fun last night.  One of the groups that we run with had a get together.  It was a blast.  There was a year of photos of all of the various events and outings that the group had done this year.  It is a lot of fun seeing the memories and reliving the moments that you see in the photos.  As I joined in during the later part of the year, it is also exciting to be part of a group that has a lot of fun and creates so many fun memories from events.
Saturday is also day 6 of my 7 day running challenge.  As the mileage is not high it has not been to much effort to complete, however, with a couple of days of hard skiing in the middle the run on Friday evening was a chore.  Today is a 10k and some Yoga tonight.  This week I am going to work to round out a little more, continue with core training and add a bike ride or two.  I did not spend a lot of time at the pool this week and I do miss it, so off to the pool I will go!
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't Santa Shuffles fantastic? I am glad you enjoyed yours, and good for your wife finishing with a PB! Let's see a picture of the tree :D
    Have a good swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John
    the santa run must be really amazing. can just imagine all the kids faces.
    Johan

    ReplyDelete