The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

How was your day? Mine was better!

So, today was a rest day, kinda.....No formal workout planned for tri stuff, but it was an awesome day on the ski hill going like a mad man!  So, however good your day was, mine was still better!

As some of you know, I am a ski fanatic!  The sooner in my life I am doing it full time the better it is!  So today was day 1 at my home club enjoying the start of the season.  A bit of a bonus....I am supposed to be teaching a technical performance camp this week, but enrollment is down.  So, guess what, I get to free ski the whole time!  That is a great day of skiing.  Although we had a little rain and then a freeze, the conditions were awesome and the snow was lighting fast.  The entire morning I spent flying up and down giving my new equipment every bit that I could!  I skied the hell out of them and they took every bit of it and then some!  For me this was a day of paradise!  Then, the afternoon was even better.  I was able to spend the day with one of North America's leading race course setters.  We spent the day reviewing technical details on setting and then he allowed me to set while he gave me feedback.  As i will be running a technical performance camp for the winter the timing could not have been any better.  After setting i also got to go and ski the race courses to test my abilities first hand!  I love skiing gates and pushing the envelope that way, it is the biggest rush that you can get.  If I could ski race courses all year around I would not need to do any anaerobic training.  A 45 second ski has you heart ready to burst out of your skin!
Do you know what the best part of today was???  It i the first day of 7 more to come!

I hope the holiday season is awesome for you and you are with your family and friends enjoying the privileged life that you have.  I hope you are able to take a minute and reflect on those who have allowed us to enjoy our freedom!
Whatever you think might be bothering you, stop for a minute and think about  it!  there are many others out there who have it worse!  On that happy note, I am off to was some skis and get ready for another day of not so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment