The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It was one of those good days!

Today, although uneventful on the training front was a fun one for progress!
I did start my day today with a great Yoga class, got my mind cleared, a few kinks pulled out and a good sweat to get me going!  I enjoy starting my day with a class!  I think it sets me in a good mind space for whatever I am going to tackle for the day!  Other than my Yoga class I called the rest of the day one to catch up on work and a million other little things.  Turns out it was worth it, I was able to get back on top of some loose ends to keep the week going!
My other accomplishment today was one that is an achievement towards a longer term goal.  As I continue in the tri game I hope to be able to inspire others to jump on the band wagon and follow this crazy road of swim/bike/run.  I am following some steps that will lead me in that direction including this little IM journey that I am following.  As I have said in the past, I enjoy helping others towards their goals and sharing in teh satisfaction of accomplishment.  Well, today I got a chance to help satisfy my desire to help others along.  I found out today that I am going to lead a 'run club' at a couple of stores that are in my community.  Although they are not running stores, they are very fitness oriented and are also some of the most community minded retailers I have encountered.  It should be a fun journey working with new runners helping them along the goals they are looking to accomplish.  As the ski season finishes I will spend a couple of hours a week leading a learn to run clinic that leads them towards a 5k race in early May!  I know with my training starting it seems crazy to be taking this on, but the stores are awesome and close to home.  I will actually integrate the tasks into my own workouts and they are also working around my schedule to make it easier.    As this is part of a long term goal for me, it is a great step in teh right direction and it made my Wednesday a great hump day!
I also learned today that I was selected to be part of Team Running Free.  This is a Canadian retailer that specializes in outdoor/fitness gear.  It is a great team to be a part of in many ways.  I will share more with you on this in the next while!
With all the fun things that I did today, I think I am going to call it an early one.  I have some projects to manage tomorrow in the early AM and a workout(or two) planned between conference calls tomorrow evening!
I hope you had an awesome day and reached some of the goals you have set! For all those from the eastern US, hope you are keeping warm and able to dig out again!  Mother Nature is taking her frustration out on you!  Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! you have a lot of great things going on. Congratulations on the selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to give back, and I'm sure those 5K runners will appreciate your efforts...not to mention that casual 'well if you can run 5K, you could Tri' (That one happened to me ;) )

    Congratulations for making the Team, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those new runners are lucky to have you as their mentor. You are a perfect fit for that. Can't wait to hear about the other things in the works. Have a great day John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so exciting!! Working toward goals and having little doors open toward those goals. . . HOORAY!!

    ReplyDelete