The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, February 22, 2010

I love mondays! (this one anyways)

Most people arent keen about Mondays'.  I guess reality being what it is, back to work and the daily routine is a reason to be hohum?!  I guess it all depends if the glass is half full doesn't it?
Today was an awesome day!  I got back to work after a very action packed ski weekend.  No, nothing wild and crazy to speak of, but the challenge that waits for you when you arrive is exciting.  What will the weekend have brought to the projects I am working on?  What kind of unreasonable request will my customer have for me today? Who will I have to chase to get paid and what new excuse will they have? The variety is both enlightening and entertaining!  Work is a necessary evil so I try and make the best of it, today was a decent day for that!
Truth be known, the best part of this Monday had nothing to do with work.  Let's face it, it would be a little creepy to love my work so much that I look forward to Mondays!  I had a couple of awesome workouts today that have me pumped and feeling great!  Much like many of you in the US, we had an impending snow storm.  As out winter has been very climatically calm, the news and everyone else seemed to be in a panic.  Oh god, we are going to get 6" of snow, call in the National Guard!  Canadians in general are so ridicluous when it comes to winter storms.  Face it, it is the same storm, the same snow, the same road conditions that you have had for the first 40 years of your life, you are used to it, save me the storm drama! Knowing that our world was going to soon be covered in snow, I came home at lunch to do my run. I have started on teh build my mileage route so I am getting out more seriously and regulalry.  It was once again a great day.  As I ran the snow started to fly, by half way through my run my shirt was all white with blowing snow.  It was actually kind of refreshing making my way through the blowing snow knowing that I was one step ahead of mother nature in getting my workout done.  ONce again i was very pleased with my pace of 5 min/k(8 min/mile) with a HR of 150.  That is awesome progress from 12 months ago when I could only run 1 km at that pave with a heart rate of 175. I am happy with my run progress and look forward to seeing what the training and upcoming drills will add to the speed and endurance.
As well as my run I spent some time on the trainer this afternoon.  As the time is coming when my butt will be in hte saddle for hours, I thought it would be proper time to get some calouses built up.  It was a short 10 mile ride on the new trainer, only using the time function rather than racing a course. I have not trained using WATTs in hte past so the numbers mean little to me.  I did a 16k(10mile) ride at an average speed of 34k with an average watt reading of 238W.  It felt decent with most of the workout being relaxing and couple of good hills and sprints built in.  If nothing else it gave me a good baseline ot start my cycling from.  As I said before I have an axe to grind on my bike so some grueling workouts are welcome as they will fuel my hill climbing victory 2-3 months from now.
It was a great start to the week with a great couple of workouts to set the pace.  I am looking forward to this week as I have chosen to add some workouts and intensity before the weekend and play time arrives again!
I hope your Monday was fantastic and your week is off to a great start!  Look forward to reading about your week!  Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. We also have weather drama here in Minnesota...onee of the local sports radio guys calls our meteorologists "Weather Terrorists" making oncoming storms sound like the end of the world as we knew it. lol! thanks for making my Monday seem better than it was - D

    ReplyDelete
  2. John
    Must be so awesome running in the snow and the way you described it. Looked at the trainers data on photo. some good numbers there.
    Keep it up
    Johan

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, every time I see you, you look leaner and meaner. Your going to be in scary good shape for WI. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great running improvement!! You will be a IM terrorist out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love running in the snow, although I'd rather run on a hot, summer day. Good work on your running improvement.

    ReplyDelete