The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

10 out of 10!

As I thought it would be, it was a great day!  I know it always seems to go well, but, I believe it is all in the outlook and the way that you choose to look at it!  I choose to look at it from the glass half full perspective and it is a great way to look at it!
As I always do, my morning started with my Thursday yoga practice.  I will not bore you with the details as I have reiterated them several times. I will say that it is becoming a fundamental part of my training as I move forward in my journey.  If you have not tried it, find a god studio and try it out, you will be pleasently surprised at how awesome it is for you and how much the rest of your training can benefit form it.  I have to say thank you to the girls at POWER YOGA CANADA for the awesome studio that they have established!  The passion they have for the practice is contagious!
My afternoon swim was also a great time today.  A lot of what I id revolved around drills for speed.  Of all my training in the water to date, this was amongst the most intense.  From moment one it grew in intensity as well as speed.  Working for almost an hour at top intensity is a great feeling, getting the results and being able to maintain the required speed is the best feeling of all.  I will continue with this practice intermitently with the goal of maintaining form from start to finish.  Overall I suprised myself with my ability to hold it together like I did. Someone I was training with sugggested I was probably angry when I wrote the practice out as it was very intense.  I certainly went at it with that type of angry intensity as well.
As soon as I was done my swim I out on my shoes and went out for an hour run.  Another great success!  I felt relaxed all the way and was able to maintain my pace without  having my heart rate run away from me.  My goal was to run a LSD run in order to start to ramp my miles.  I only did 11k, but very consistent and my slow pace is where my fast pace was in teh past.  With very little training I have made some good progress, the future should be exciting as I start to sharpen my focus.  My run today was to the LULULEMON store where I was hosting the first night of the run club.  I thought, going to host a run club should probable done as a runner, so I put my shoes on instead of driving.  Once I got to the store, I had 3 people join me for the club.  As it was the first night, in the middle of the Olympics, with a Canadian hockey game and spring break, it was a success.  After our short run my total for the day was 16km running, it felt great. Not our run, I discovered comments on their website, their were lurkers waiting to see what was going on.  It will ideally result in some new people joining us and being able to build up a god run community out of the store.  It sure was fun being able to share my passion and getting others to join in on my run fun!
As I was up bright and early and will do the same tomorrow, it is time to pack it in!  I hope you had a great day and your training went well!  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I definitley need to give yoga a shot my wife keeps telling me it will help me. Nice work on the fun run community run club I can see it helps motivate you ...keep it going - DR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome day John. Keep up the good work. I love your positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, i want a lululemon store in tampa. just looked it up and the closest ones are in orlando and sarsota...sounds like a neat venue for the run club meeting. have a great weekend John! thanks for all the positive energy you leave on my blog. i really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete