The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blub! Blub!

That is how my swim practice felt last night!  Very bizarre considering how great I felt just before the holidays.  I did my pratice last night 100% off of the clock, my main intent was to praticce technique.  Following the clinic that I completed in December I have relaized the importance of how much the techincal will help my swim overall.  The past 2 months I have spent little time on technical(10 of pool time max) and most of the time bilding distance.  As I head into the stretch before I start nmy official IM program I am going to put a heavier focua on technical so that I start off correct.
As I got into the pool last night I did 10 x 25m warm up with 10 s rest.  When I was doing them I felt like I was flying, teh bottom of the pool was miving far faster than before.   As I contmiued with drills I felt most of them progress well with an ease that I had not experienced in the past.  Then I thought I would do some 200m repearts to finish off.  The first 100m was strong, then the second it felt like someone was pulling me back.(with no colck I can not confirm) but it did feel like hell!  I was struggling to keep up my forma nd pace and simply feeling like I was struggling the entire time.  luckily I am a big believer in  teh time that I have put in to date and will chalk this one up to getting abck at it!  I am not going to lose sleep as I know over the next few weeks and months I am going to kick some butt in the pool and back into open water!
I did intend to finish my workout in the pool with some resistance training!  Oops!  Ended up meeting some friends and going for some beers instead.  Again, I am not ging to sweat it.  I know come March I will be craving the moments to do nothing, and at that time it will not be a choice in my scheduel.  So for now, a beer here, a missed workout there, I'll say I am paying it forward!
One big accomplishement last night was a frame of mind.  I have set some goals for 2010 and I am strengthening my resolve to get them done.  I had a discussion with a great friend last night who is teh only person I have shared this with.  He knows me better than anyone and agrees with what I am doing!   As the year moves forward I am sure I will share what I am chasing as it turns into reality! 
As I have been known to say or preach,  "Livin' the Dream"  or as my RoadID says 'Live for your Dreams'  Off to go and influence my destiny!
Cheers and Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment