The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

And the vibe builds!

Today has been yet another awesome trip down reality row! This is amazing!
I can see how people get sucked into this world. I swear, walking around town and the expo is like cocaine for athletes. Each time I feel like it Is time to relax I look around for another wicked adrenaline fix, just a little won't be bad for me! Crazy thing is, this drug seems totally acceptable, everyone else is snorting it up and breathing in with me. It is a huge crazy athlete orgy, with everyone walking around with big shit ass grins. I love it, I hope my wife and friends don't try an intervention, I don't think I am ready to admit I have a problem or that I want to quit. Good thing I have a stash to last me until next year!
Today was wicked! Going to get registered was crazy exciting for me. Each station I got was more exciting than the one before. I had a huge smile on my face and a gigle to my voice the entire time. Most of the volunteers probably thought I aws high on something, high fives coralline of them, thank you all to each and every one of them it is such a cool scene, a convention centr full of type A OCD fools like myself getting ready for the awesome circus ride in a couple of days.
Going into the expo was entertaining, people everywhere. They were either showingg some restraint, or had arms full of stuff. I am going to go back on Monday and limp around to get my finishers gear. I know I am being presumptuous, but if I need to I will crawl to the end. Assomeone has said to me, pain is temporary, pride is permanent!
Thank you to each and everyone of you for your awesome inspirational and entertaining comments. I am looking forward to them and they bring a smile to my face. Seriously, if you have not tried this stuff yet, it's good shit and you really should. You will like it, you can do it by yourself or today I did it with people in the water and on my bike. Just do it!
Cheers and I will be back soon!

13 comments:

  1. Sure ... give it away free now - and then when I'm hooked you'll put a price on it!

    Good luck man - I'm lovin' the energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck John! You trained like a pro and I am sure that you’ll race like one, too. So, go kick some ass and have a super race on Sunday.

    Miha and I are getting ready for IM 70.3 Muskoka, which is on Sunday, too. We’ll leave tomorrow morning for Huntsville, where we rented a cottage.

    Best of luck on Sunday and I hope that you surpass your A goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! great update, cant wait to get down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, race with Reckless Abandon. You are going to be awesome. Soak it all up - you'll never forget this experience! I'll be watching for you...stalking your splits online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome update, I love the comparison! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now effectively counting down the hours till your race as i am sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!, it does get pretty exciting and you still sound soo grounded, it's cool! looking forward for the pre-race post

    ReplyDelete
  8. With the count down this close, you must be going through the roof with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey John, I've been anonymously following for a while and am very excited for you this weekend. Have an awesome race! You definitely have the perfect attitude. But if you're struggling to stay positive in the marathon think of all of us hitting refresh on the athlete tracker waiting anxiously for your next split, and power through!! Corey P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, I'm reliving walking through the IM Louisville Expo and getting all nostalgic! I showed a ton of spending-restraint walking through the Expo (only bought a 140.6 sticker for my car) until I got to the last booth... and I bought my first pair of Newton running shoes. I am loving them so far though, so I think it was worth the splurge!

    Keep enjoying the experience! Can't wait to stalk you on race day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got a minute at a computer and want to thank eacjh of you for your comments! you are feeding my energetic awesome frenzy! it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can just imagine your smile at the expo! Don't worry I'm sure there won't be an intervention unless the grin continues for a few weeks ;)

    Have an amazing race, and remember to tell us your race number so we can cheer you on over the internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. JOHN... all the best for your race. It's been an inspiration to follow you journey and you'll kick ass.
    ALL THE VERY BEST~!!!!!

    ReplyDelete