The new Adventure has Started!!!


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Another First!!

Life is full of ups and downs, all of them teaching us something new and giving us opportunities to grow.  We often treats the downs as a negative and allow the event to pull us into a funk and deter us from moving towards our goals and dreams.  We lose our focus and allow ourselves to grow the negative into a big mountain out of the mole hill that it is.  Well, STOP IT!!
If you put what we are doing each day in perspective, it is a small part of the greatest things that life has to offer.  The experiences we enjoy allow us to grow and decide what path we should take to continue through  the awesome journey that life allows us to enjoy.  If we stop and fester on the small things that happen each tiny moment, we miss the bigger picture. 
Rather than make the negative the point of focus as many people do, take advetnage of the fact that this has happened to you.  Things happen to us for a reason, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  So, when something does happen, take a moment to accept that it is the way it is.  Look at it closely and realzie what casued the event to take place.  From that, you will learn how to avoid the mistake in the future and you can move forward with confidence.  OR, you can bitch about it, focus on how terrible it is, bitch about it some more and hope that it miracilously goes away.  Then you resume on path only to make the same mistake again. 
What makes most sense, A)  focus on negative, or   B) learn from negative and spend the time re-focusing and seeing how you can move ahead in a safer and more productive manner as a result.  Life is to short to focus on bad stuff, accept that it happened and move on! 
How does my blog title relate to this mumbo jumbo??(some of my friends refer to my optimistic nature as mumbo jumbo)  This weekend was my first injury related to skiing!  Yeah, I have torn a calf muscle and am now hobbling around looking a little broken. Yeah, it is going to slow me down for a few weeks, but it is an opportunity to do a lot of other things that I have not been able to focus on for a while.  Lesson from it, dont do what I was doing that day(silly way that I injured it) and learn what may have caused it in order to avoid it in the future.  I am going on a ski holiday in 4 weeks so I should be well on my way to recovered by then so all ids good.  MY training, well, last year I did not kick inot high gear until March, and I see no reason why I wont be able to do the same this year.  I will do it very rested!!  While I am working towards recovery, I will have a ton of times to build core and upper body strength that I will benefit from when training begins.  So, a lot of good si coming from this incident.
Other than the hiccup, the weekend was amazing.  The snow conditions this weekend were out of this world.  The skiing was impecable and I was able to teach some lessons that kept all of my clients grwoing and getting stronger.  The temperatue was a little cold, however, it only contributed to better teaching opportunties as a result of what it does to the snow. Last week I also bought a new video camera, the weekend was a great chance to use it to video my clients and discuss where they are getting stronger and what we are going to do to continue to make it even better. 
On Saturday I started to teach yoga to the ski school at our club.  It was a blast!  People from 4 years old to 65 years lod out practicing and learning how good yoga can be for!  The comments on Sunday folliwing the session were resoundingly positive.
Overall another weekend that was better than the last!  Gotta love when that happens!
I am off to the sports med clinic later today to see how bad the injury is, luckily I am able to get in quickly therefore starting the road to being stronger today!
I hope your weekend rocked and you are off to a great start this week!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great attitude. I find I have to process my disappointment/anger first before I can get tot he positive point. You did it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "OR, you can bitch about it, focus on how terrible it is, bitch about it some more and hope that it miracilously goes away."

    the snow I had to shovel this morning didnt go away:) -- haha

    you are doin what you love right now that is awesome

    ReplyDelete